What is coaching?
Coaching is a special relationship between a coach and client. Together they co-create a relationship that helps the client crystallize their personal and/or professional goals and help them take action on them. ACP coaches offer the following services:
- Personal Coaching for Professionals — We help individuals express their creativity, discover their true life’s work, and find ways to realize their vision, goals, and desires.
- Small Business Coaching — We help small business owners clarify their goals, develop and implement plans to maximize profits
- Executive Coaching — We help executives focus and capitalize on their strengths and to identify their developmental needs. We co-create and implement plan to assure success. Click Here for more information
- ADHD Coaching — Click Here for more information
Who is coaching for?
Coaching is for anyone who wants to change their personal or professional life. A client’s goals may already well-defined and the client needs a coach to keep them focused. Other clients may have a vague sense that something needs to change. A coach can help them clarify their goals and articulate them so they are objective, measurable and attainable.
The following people have benefitted from an ACP coach:
- Small business owners seeking greater profitability
- Executives under too much stress
- Business owners with ADHD who need to stay focused
- Health professionals wanting to develop local marketing strategies
- Managers who want to improve their effectiveness
- Individuals with ADHD who want to get organized
- Individuals looking to change careers
- Individuals who want to create a powerful new personal vision
- Executives who want a bright problem solver to try out new ideas
- Educational administrators who want to be more effective leaders
How is coaching different from therapy?
Coaching is generally focused on goal setting and performance enhancement. Coaches help their clients “win” when they attainable a defined goal or make positive steps toward goals. Coaching rarely focuses on the past, but rather helps a client clarify their future path and helps them succeed. In coaching, the coach interacts with the client as a whole, resourceful and creative individual and together they co-create the client’s success.
Therapy is a process that a patient engages in to remediate a “disorder”. Therapy is concerned with the underlying factors of the disorder — medical background, family of origin, all-or-nothing thinking, low self-esteem, etc. A patient has a problem or deficit that needs help. As such, it is considered a health care related activity that may be reimbursable by health insurance. Coaching is an educational and personal growth process unrelated to the health care industry.
How do I get started?
You begin by interviewing one or more prospective coaches until you find a coach with whom you feel comfortable and confident can help you reach your goals. Schedule a complimentary initial coaching consultation on the phone with an ACP coach. Coaching takes place either in person or on the phone. This is negotiated between the coach and client. If you want to proceed, your coach will send you a coaching contract that records the mutually agreed to conditions of your engaging your coach. It includes fees, methods of payment, confidentiality and other agreements necessary to make your coaching relationship a successful, growth producing experience.
Call (847) 824-1235 for your complimentary initial phone coaching consultation.